View Full Version : Saving configuration to HD / Writing files to HD
wualla
05-12-2006, 01:22 PM
Hi All,
I've booted the KNOPPIX cd.
* i've tried to save my customisations, but all it would let me to is save them to floppy. Pls help with saving to HD...
* i cannot create any file on my HD, pewrmission problems. Pls help with getting permissions to write on HD
i'm terebly new to any of this, pls supply exact and specific instructions, thanks for anyone.
maxIT
05-12-2006, 02:00 PM
Afaik the only way is to save files in a different partition.
The partition which contain the knoppix-cloop file is ever mounted as read-only.
wualla
05-12-2006, 02:35 PM
what? the knoppix run from CD. what are you talking about? what is cloop and what is Afaik?
RandomGoon
05-12-2006, 03:23 PM
AFAIK = As Far As I Know
As for saving to the hard dive...if it's an NTFS partition don't risk it unless you're not fussed about a possible reload of Windoze. If it's a FAT32 drive you should be able to mount it from the link on the desktop and then right click, choose action, change read write mode, the rest should be obvious.
HTH (hope this helps)
'Goon
maxIT
05-12-2006, 04:57 PM
:oops: sorry,
is so common this question related to a 'poor man' install, that I haven't noticed the I've booted the KNOPPIX cd statement.
pepene
05-18-2006, 11:32 AM
so.. writing on a fat32 partition is supported?
I mean.. i just have to make a fat32 partition, mount it, change permissions and then voila! i can write? :)
And it will work for the settings too?
RandomGoon
05-18-2006, 03:59 PM
so.. writing on a fat32 partition is supported?
Yes, pepene, FAT32 is one of the supported file systems
I mean.. i just have to make a fat32 partition, mount it, change permissions and then voila! i can write? :) And it will work for the settings too?
It seems you've pretty much got the idea so it should work for the settings too.
'Goon
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.