PDA

View Full Version : Fatal IO error 104



bart_999
06-23-2006, 11:51 AM
I am trying to remaster knoppix. I am using the menu based scripts to remaster. I have come to the point where it says,'if you have performed this howto in KDE then follow the following steps'
so exit chroot <ctrl D>
type init 2
then it will close KDE and leave me at a command prompt
then i type in : cd /mnt/hda2/scripts
./knoppix-remaster /mnt/hda2/remaster

choose No i donot want to create a new remaster
press enter
select the Chroot option
type in su - knoppix
type in startx
This is where the problem is, its supposed to load kde, but i get an error "fatal io error 104 (connection reset by peer) on X server ":0.0"
"after 0 requests (0 known processed) with 0 events remaining

Please can someone help

Lukasz_P
06-27-2006, 01:20 PM
try this: open normall knoppix root shell, type
Xnest -ac :1

in chrooted environment type
export DISPLAY=localhost:1

and then
startx