PDA

View Full Version : Automatic Keyboard Layout



tero
09-13-2006, 09:54 AM
Automatic keyboard layout configuration in Knoppix would remove the last manual step in starting Knoppix. I wrote Wheretero to do just that.

Wheretero determines the country where the local computer is. This allows automatic keyboard layout configuration for live-CDs.

Would someone like to remaster Knoppix to work with Wheretero?

For example, to print country:
$ wheretero -1
fi

To automatically configure keyboard layout
$ setxkbmap $(wheretero -1)

Wheretero homepage, download, screenshots, faq, feedback:
http://www.iki.fi/karvinen/wheretero.html

mariolanza
10-02-2006, 10:17 PM
Automatic keyboard layout configuration in Knoppix would remove the last manual step in starting Knoppix. I wrote Wheretero to do just that.
Wheretero determines the country where the local computer is. This allows automatic keyboard layout configuration for live-CDs.

Did anyone try that remastering?
edited for typo

tero
10-02-2006, 10:44 PM
> Did anyone try that remastering?

As far as I know, nobody is working on that yet.