View Full Version : Selecting keyboard layout before the first prompt.
When coming to the first promt, the keyboard is US.
Being in Belgium I have a Belgian keyboard, which gives me problems to enter correctly cheat codes.
It would be nice to have the possibility to first choose one's keyboard layout.
mariolanza
10-02-2006, 10:16 PM
When coming to the first promt, the keyboard is US.
Being in Belgium I have a Belgian keyboard, which gives me problems to enter correctly cheat codes.
It would be nice to have the possibility to first choose one's keyboard layout.
Same problem here (but not belgian)
marhleet
10-03-2006, 12:31 PM
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes
is that enough ?
i guess it's
knoppix keyboard=bg
mariolanza
10-05-2006, 11:20 PM
http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Cheat_Codes
is that enough ?
i guess it's
knoppix keyboard=bg
Provided you know where the = sign is. And if you want to load also defaults from your USB stick, there's also the / location to figure out.
Now, let's imagine the joy of a novice user with a german keyboard finding these keys.
mariolanza
10-08-2006, 11:33 PM
I'm just thinking, with myconfig=scan as default, this and a lot of other user-related problems would vanish so easily.
Harry Kuhman
10-08-2006, 11:53 PM
I'm just thinking, with myconfig=scan as default, this and a lot of other user-related problems would vanish so easily.
I agree, but there's another thread here where the developers respond to that request saying they are not going to do it. I don't agree with their logic, but then I don't get a vote. It doesn't look like we can get a scan default unless we remaster or otherwise do it ourselves.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.