PDA

View Full Version : how to install. new to filesystem



pyromaniac
12-02-2006, 08:03 PM
Ok, after I installed knoppix on my hdd, (maby bad, but dreamlinux wouldn't boot, and neither would PHLAK) I realized that I would need a html WYSIWYG editor. I downloaded the program as linuxhtmleditor.tar.bz2. linux opened it as an archived file, and thats not what I want. When I downloaded it was I supposed to leave out the .bz2, or is it fine as it is? I really need this program for school work, and I would appricate help.

OErjan
12-02-2006, 08:14 PM
try
sudo apt-get install linuxhtmleditor
just as a comment, as far as I know Knoppix has atleast two html-editors already.

pyromaniac
12-02-2006, 08:26 PM
In the menu, they only pop up as text editors. Not WYSIWYG, like I need. Unless I missed something.

[edit] when I tried what you suggusted, I got an error that said: username is not in the sudoers file. This inicident will be reported.

WTF?