PDA

View Full Version : Problem with locales



jefersondossantos
01-14-2007, 04:00 PM
Before everything, I ask for to excuses for my poor English.

I am creating new distro and I configured locales correctly. I removed all other and I installed only the Brazilian Portuguese.
I run "dpkg-reconfigure locales". Root is configurated:

LANG=pt_BR
LANGUAGE=pt_BR
LC_CTYPE="pt_BR"
LC_NUMERIC="pt_BR"
LC_TIME="pt_BR"
LC_COLLATE="pt_BR"
LC_MONETARY="pt_BR"
LC_MESSAGES="pt_BR"
LC_PAPER="pt_BR"
LC_NAME="pt_BR"
LC_ADDRESS="pt_BR"
LC_TELEPHONE="pt_BR"
LC_MEASUREMENT="pt_BR"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="pt_BR"
LC_ALL=pt_BR

But, when i create a new user, the language is configured to DE

LANG=pt_BR
LANGUAGE=de
LC_CTYPE="pt_BR"
LC_NUMERIC="pt_BR"
LC_TIME="pt_BR"
LC_COLLATE="pt_BR"
LC_MONETARY="pt_BR"
LC_MESSAGES="pt_BR"
LC_PAPER="pt_BR"
LC_NAME="pt_BR"
LC_ADDRESS="pt_BR"
LC_TELEPHONE="pt_BR"
LC_MEASUREMENT="pt_BR"
LC_IDENTIFICATION="pt_BR"
LC_ALL=pt_BR

Somebody can help me?
Thanks

marhleet
01-15-2007, 10:30 AM
the user will have it's language default to "blank", but it doesn't default to your system default
and it doesn't "default" to DE, it's just that the DE option is the first on the list



Knoppix - Control Center
System Administration - Login Manager
Appearance - Language

jefersondossantos
01-16-2007, 07:18 PM
the user will have it's language default to "blank", but it doesn't default to your system default
and it doesn't "default" to DE, it's just that the DE option is the first on the list



Knoppix - Control Center
System Administration - Login Manager
Appearance - Language


Yes, but my distro will have only pt_BR. I need remove all other or set pt_BR to first option in list.

Rocket
01-20-2007, 09:37 AM
Check the root/etc/default/locale file to see if that is still set to DE. That may be causing your problems.