Knoppix_ava1
02-28-2007, 11:19 AM
I have installed Knoppix 5.1.1 on HDD, prepared and configured as needed (installed vmware-player, ...)
Now I want to remaster that stuff to my second partition.
Therefore I boot up with Knoppix 5.1.1 Live CD, mount both partitions sda1 (Knoppix HDD install) and sda2 (remaster).
Then I enter in console as su
"mkisofs -R -U /mnt/sda1 | create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /mnt/sda2/remaster/KNOPPIX_CD/KNOPPIX"
...accordingly the documentation at http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Remaster_From_Hd_Install_HowTo
the process is only running for a few seconds and finally i just see the statistics (0%) and the status "writing index for 6 blocks...." and "writing compressed data...."
But nothing else happens! no error message!
Has anybody experience in remastering with Knoppix 5.1.1 and can help me here?
thanks!
Now I want to remaster that stuff to my second partition.
Therefore I boot up with Knoppix 5.1.1 Live CD, mount both partitions sda1 (Knoppix HDD install) and sda2 (remaster).
Then I enter in console as su
"mkisofs -R -U /mnt/sda1 | create_compressed_fs - 65536 > /mnt/sda2/remaster/KNOPPIX_CD/KNOPPIX"
...accordingly the documentation at http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Remaster_From_Hd_Install_HowTo
the process is only running for a few seconds and finally i just see the statistics (0%) and the status "writing index for 6 blocks...." and "writing compressed data...."
But nothing else happens! no error message!
Has anybody experience in remastering with Knoppix 5.1.1 and can help me here?
thanks!