View Full Version : My vista install got fscked, how do i ftp my files over
jacksonon
04-05-2007, 12:08 AM
My vista install got fscked up, so i pop open a knoppix 5.1.1 cd and its all good, i can see my harddrive. So i have shared the harddrive by an applet when i clicked share. From my other computer i could go http://192.168.1.101:8001/ and get all the files via http, but 1 by 1 is a pain in the ass. I'd rather just drag the whole thing over via ftp.
So does knoppix have a built in ftp server, if not, how would i go about installing a free one.
Also, im using this account from bugmenot, since my activation key didnt come, i registered like 2 minutes ago under superlinuxnoob.
Harry Kuhman
04-05-2007, 12:31 AM
I've heard conflictiong answers about FTP servers in Knoppix. Have never gotten one running either. But I agree completely that transfering files in a group is a better approach, one that I've used a lot. What I do is start a server in Windows and then transfer between that and a clent in Knoppix (there are several to pick from but Konquror works as a FTP client just fine).
I've been keeping an eye on the new accounts (spammer issues).I see no record at all of any superlinuxnoob account being created before today (one was just set up). I would suggest that it might not be the best name to use, particularly if you stay active in the group for a long time.
jacksonon
04-05-2007, 12:38 AM
what???
due to me being the biggest noobous when it comes to ftp i didn't know it was 2 way. I tought i could only download off it.
Im also still missing my activation email for my desired account, al tho i dont know if i'll be hanging around here now that i have my problem solved, sry.
EDIT: <deleted>
EDIT2: ok, got the ftp server set up with unlimited access to everything set, the local address will be ftp://192.168.1.100/, now do i go to konqueor and paste that in and drag?
Harry Kuhman
04-05-2007, 01:47 AM
Have you tried putting exactly that address into the Konquror address bar?
Also, if you have software firewalls running in Windows open ports 20 & 21 or shut down the firewall.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.