View Full Version : Harry, adding wireless networking document on FAQ
chip.ling
07-31-2007, 09:52 PM
Harry,
I maybe off topic here but I don't know where to go.
Recently, I tried the Knoppix 5.1.1 on three of my laptops (Dell 600, 610 and Compaq N600C with Linksys WPC11 V.4 pcmcia wireless card)
I used the ndiswrapper method, and I have success on all three machine by establishing the wireless connection to my wireless at home.
I see a lot of wireless questions going on here in this forum, so I tried to add my successful case really in detail to the FAQ page, but I found that my input sits there and seems like going nowhere. Can you take a look on it?
BTW. I added my steps on Documentation => FAQ (http://www.knoppix.net/wiki/Category:FAQ_Page )
Thanks a lot.
Rgds,
Chip
chip.ling
07-31-2007, 10:53 PM
Harry,
I figured it out now. I moved my text to Document => FAQ => Network FAQ and follows the Q & A format.
Sorry for the stupid question here.
Rgds,
Chip :oops:
Harry Kuhman
07-31-2007, 11:39 PM
Chip,
It looks like you may have already resolved this. I see changes to the wiki after the timestamp of the above post. They look right.
I'm not clear what was going wrong. And I not at all a wiki expert. I have made a number of wiki additions, but these were pretty much in the form of looking at the format of what was already there and duplicating it. I don't have any special tools or abilities in the wiki, other than the privledge of being able to roll back spammer posts that deface the wiki and destroy good data. If your still having problems I suggest posting back in the general forum or lounge and post details of the problem so that some wiki expert may help. Alternately you may find some documentation to help at Mediawiki (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki), which is the wiki software our forum uses.
chip.ling
07-31-2007, 11:43 PM
Chip,
It looks like you may have already resolved this. I see changes to the wiki after the timestamp of the above post. They look right.
I'm not clear what was going wrong. And I not at all a wiki expert. I have made a number of wiki additions, but these were pretty much in the form of looking at the format of what was already there and duplicating it. I don't have any special tools or abilities in the wiki, other than the privledge of being able to roll back spammer posts that deface the wiki and destroy good data. If your still having problems I suggest posting back in the general forum or lounge and post details of the problem so that some wiki expert may help. Alternately you may find some documentation to help at Mediawiki (http://www.mediawiki.org/wiki/MediaWiki), which is the wiki software our forum uses.
No Harry, it's my mistake. I went to the wrong page to edit. I did not read the instructions carefully on the FAQ page.
Anyway, I think I resolve it at last and I post a "How to" Q & A there and hopefully it can help the newbie just like me.
Rgds,
Chip
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.