zeitleser
08-01-2007, 10:41 AM
Hi everyone,
as a teacher I try to teach Linux and Java-Developing in a school-network w/ WinServer2003.
Knoppix seems to be the best solution of starting Linux without modifying the Network
(except from virtual machines, ok ...).
In the last months everything worked fine, but there are still wishes:
- I would like to add the Java-Hamster (just one folder without installation) to the CD
(http://www.java-hamster-modell.de/)
- I would like a custom Desktop Image for the CD, e.g. the logo of the School
- I would like to set a default (secret) root password, because they use the CD at home
- I would like to "fix" the read-only-state of all local HDs in order to make "accidents" at home impossible
- I would like to add some folders with tasks, papers, examples
... to be continued ...
Well, the educational LiveCDs I found have a lot of features, but not these above.
Knoppix 5.1.1. as CD seems the ideal platform for me -- if anyone knows
the solution for my ideas. Can you help?
Thanks in advance, Thomas.
as a teacher I try to teach Linux and Java-Developing in a school-network w/ WinServer2003.
Knoppix seems to be the best solution of starting Linux without modifying the Network
(except from virtual machines, ok ...).
In the last months everything worked fine, but there are still wishes:
- I would like to add the Java-Hamster (just one folder without installation) to the CD
(http://www.java-hamster-modell.de/)
- I would like a custom Desktop Image for the CD, e.g. the logo of the School
- I would like to set a default (secret) root password, because they use the CD at home
- I would like to "fix" the read-only-state of all local HDs in order to make "accidents" at home impossible
- I would like to add some folders with tasks, papers, examples
... to be continued ...
Well, the educational LiveCDs I found have a lot of features, but not these above.
Knoppix 5.1.1. as CD seems the ideal platform for me -- if anyone knows
the solution for my ideas. Can you help?
Thanks in advance, Thomas.