2_Late
08-25-2007, 08:55 PM
I was why Knoppix isn't a torrent download yet at http://www.knopper.net/knoppix/
A good torrent program will:
Decide which minor(s) are the best choice for the user in seconds.
Validate each and every 256K? chunk of the ISO 9660(the CD image) as it comes in.
It decentralizes the load to allow for fault tolerance and shifting the load as one minor becomes sluggish.
I don't know about the rest of you, but Azureus didn't 5-min. to make a torrent file for a 800Mb file. I was testing the stability of a 16 PC "LAN" I'd build for my CNNP class. I installed Azureus and Java on each PC, and out of the box it shared the file across network without flinching. I Don't remeber if it was 3 routers and a switch or four routers. Either way it was that plus other misc. equipment.
It also allow those downloading to send out a few packets to help other's out when the connection has the spare bandwidth.
A good torrent program will:
Decide which minor(s) are the best choice for the user in seconds.
Validate each and every 256K? chunk of the ISO 9660(the CD image) as it comes in.
It decentralizes the load to allow for fault tolerance and shifting the load as one minor becomes sluggish.
I don't know about the rest of you, but Azureus didn't 5-min. to make a torrent file for a 800Mb file. I was testing the stability of a 16 PC "LAN" I'd build for my CNNP class. I installed Azureus and Java on each PC, and out of the box it shared the file across network without flinching. I Don't remeber if it was 3 routers and a switch or four routers. Either way it was that plus other misc. equipment.
It also allow those downloading to send out a few packets to help other's out when the connection has the spare bandwidth.