PDA

View Full Version : Include packages.txt on the CD/DVD?



SiKing
09-12-2007, 12:20 PM
Any chance of having the (appropriate) packages*.txt file included on the disc? I think a good place would be in the KNOPPIX/ directory, where the cheatcodes.txt files lives. Or is it somewhere already and I just missed it?

Harry Kuhman
09-12-2007, 12:33 PM
It always seems to be included in the files that come down with the BitTorent download. It might be handy to actually include on the disc, but space is always a concern on the CD.

SiKing
09-13-2007, 04:42 PM
Yes, I am aware that it comes in through BT. You can also get it from any of the ftp mirrors. I am aware of the problems involved with getting KNOPPIX to fit, especially on the CD, but I thought in this case it might not be that much of a problem. If it is, how about compressing it? Actually, how about compressing all the KNOPPIX/*.txt files on the CD at least?
Just a thought ...

Harry Kuhman
09-13-2007, 05:31 PM
Actually, how about compressing all the KNOPPIX/*.txt files on the CD at least? ...
Just a thought ...
Given that Knoppix contains about 2 gig of files on a 700 meg CD, the files are compressed. Nothing would be gained by compressing the files individually before compressing the whole ball of wax.