stvy
01-16-2008, 10:25 AM
Hi,
I have a number of mission critical servers that are sitting on a SAN fabric.
I have the ability to backup the servers system partitions to tape drive using say "dd".
However in the event of a hardware failure I would like to be able to:
1. boot off of knoppix
2. Access the tape drive and "dd" the system paritions backup back onto the system drive.
The SAN fabric is as follows:
1 x HBA Qlogic QLE2462
1 x IBM DS4700 with 2 LUN
1 x IBM DS4200 with 2 LUN
2 x IBM 3592 tape drives
To be able to access all these devices on the fabric I have to configure the Qlogic HBA driver. The driver settings are then built into a customised initialisation RAMDISK which the hsot boots with.
What I would like to do is effectively customise Knoppix to have the correct Qlogic (IBM certified) driver rather than the defualt, the correct WWN bindings. This should mean that the knoppix O/S is able to see the tape drives on the fabric.
Is it possilbe to do this?
Thanks,
Stvy
I have a number of mission critical servers that are sitting on a SAN fabric.
I have the ability to backup the servers system partitions to tape drive using say "dd".
However in the event of a hardware failure I would like to be able to:
1. boot off of knoppix
2. Access the tape drive and "dd" the system paritions backup back onto the system drive.
The SAN fabric is as follows:
1 x HBA Qlogic QLE2462
1 x IBM DS4700 with 2 LUN
1 x IBM DS4200 with 2 LUN
2 x IBM 3592 tape drives
To be able to access all these devices on the fabric I have to configure the Qlogic HBA driver. The driver settings are then built into a customised initialisation RAMDISK which the hsot boots with.
What I would like to do is effectively customise Knoppix to have the correct Qlogic (IBM certified) driver rather than the defualt, the correct WWN bindings. This should mean that the knoppix O/S is able to see the tape drives on the fabric.
Is it possilbe to do this?
Thanks,
Stvy