PDA

View Full Version : Custom Kernel 2.6.23 - Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem, v5.1



Amo666
01-21-2008, 10:28 AM
Hi!

I am new to this forum, and I hope somebody could help me out a little bit.

I am trying do implement a 2.6.23 Kernel, but during boot, it is kicking me to the minimal knoppix shell with the error "Can't find KNOPPIX filesystem"

I did following to implement the new Kernel.

Got the kernel sources with "apt-get install linux-sources-2.6.23"
# make oldconfig
# enabled "High Resolution Timers, Set the Timer clock from 250 to 1000 Hz, enabled Preemtive behaviour, enabled Block Devices -> low usb ..."
# built kernel with make-kpkg kernel_image
# installed kernel with "dpkg -i linux-kernel......deb"
# got the newest cloop sources for 2.6.23, compiled them against kernel with "make-kpkg modules_image"
# installed cloop via "dpkg -i cloop ...deb"
# got the newest aufs source via CVS, compiled it.
# copied kernel, System.map, to /boot/ and /KNOPPIX/boot/isolinux/ linked everything.
# copied the new modules to /KNOPPIX/modules and to the minirt.gz.
# made an ISO, used qemu -cdrom "....iso" -no-kqemu to test the image

the first time it printed an error of Read-Only filesystem while the linuxrc script tried to use /KNOPPIX/bin/ln, to do something to the Filesystem
then i changed the linuxrc script to mount everything with "rw" permission.

the error disappeared, but i kicked me to the minimal shell again.

Now i don't know what i could do next. Maybe somebody got to the same situation and could help me out a little bit.

Thanks in advance
Markus

Amo666
01-22-2008, 01:34 AM
Hi its me again!

I made the 2.6.23 Kernel working with the HD Installation. Trying out to make an ISO out if it.

nevertheless I would be happy about some hints ;)

hal8000
01-24-2008, 10:31 AM
I've also failed at including a new kernel in a remastered image. I can remaster 5.11 using 2.6.19 but not a new kernel.

In your remaster, you will have a master and source directory and also a master boot directory.
It is the file isolinux.cfg that points to the linux image (kernel) for booting.

The problem is that if you make a ramdisk for your kernel in getting it to load. I expanded minirt.tar.gz
but it doesnt contain the initrd.
Maybe someone else can help.