PDA

View Full Version : NEED HELP: I'm not able to customize my kernel



tshade
03-04-2008, 05:17 PM
Hello!!
I'm using an AMD Geode CS5536 chip based embedded board, with a CF card reader which configures my card as an IDE ATA disk. Everything works fine for me except that I can't get the new kernel working. I compile the kernel, but I get no error, just blank screen. With default KNOPPIX 5.1.1 kernel (v2.6.24) I can work without trouble, except that I need to add some kind of graphic bootsplash, which is quite difficult when starting from CFlash. I'm using latest stable kernel, 2.6.24, with latest cloop and aufs modules compiled and copied in. My question is: has someone been able to configure the kernel for a board like this?? How can it get done, some trick or advice??? Thanks!!

tsfftf
03-26-2008, 11:41 PM
you need to use the dvd version which has the full kernel source and the kernel headers.

you may also find module-assistant useful/

do apt-get install module-assistant to install it, m-a can bring the program up at the terminal.