Trailblazer
03-28-2008, 10:52 PM
Hi all,
I'm a Newby in using Linux but I have successfulle remasterd my USB-Stick-Knoppix for a Kiosk-System.
(Thank You for all the Tips here)
But there are three Problems which driving me creasy:
IceWeasel
I need the add-ons
* R-Kiosk
* Tab Mix Plus
Additional, but not a really Problem
KDE
* I want the Redmond start splash, but the standard KDE one is usesd
* The Icon positions are mixed
What should I do to get my Iceweasel-Add-Ons from the Harddisk-Version on my USB-Stick ?!?
BTW. Yes I've copied the /home/knoppix to /etc/skel and changed /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession
rsync -Ha --ignore-existing /etc/skel/{.kde*,Desktop} $HOME/ 2>/dev/null
to
rsync -Ha --ignore-existing /etc/skel/ $HOME/ 2>/dev/null
Thank You
SOLVING:
You must set the "Read"-Attribute at the /etc/skel Dir:
#!/bin/bash
# /media/hda1/custom/copyUser
# Aktuelle Usereinstellungen ins Skelektverzeichnis kopieren
rm -rfv /media/hda2/etc/skel
cp -rv /media/hda2/home/knoppix /media/hda2/etc/skel
chmod -R a+r /media/hda2/etc/skel
chown -R root:root /media/hda2/etc/skel
---
I've used the "three-Disks-boot-from-CD"-Method discribed in
[DE] http://www.dvdboard.de/forum/showthread.php?t=96461
and
[DE] http://www.linux-magazin.de/heft_abo/ausgaben/2004/03/schlank_in_schritten :?:
I'm a Newby in using Linux but I have successfulle remasterd my USB-Stick-Knoppix for a Kiosk-System.
(Thank You for all the Tips here)
But there are three Problems which driving me creasy:
IceWeasel
I need the add-ons
* R-Kiosk
* Tab Mix Plus
Additional, but not a really Problem
KDE
* I want the Redmond start splash, but the standard KDE one is usesd
* The Icon positions are mixed
What should I do to get my Iceweasel-Add-Ons from the Harddisk-Version on my USB-Stick ?!?
BTW. Yes I've copied the /home/knoppix to /etc/skel and changed /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession
rsync -Ha --ignore-existing /etc/skel/{.kde*,Desktop} $HOME/ 2>/dev/null
to
rsync -Ha --ignore-existing /etc/skel/ $HOME/ 2>/dev/null
Thank You
SOLVING:
You must set the "Read"-Attribute at the /etc/skel Dir:
#!/bin/bash
# /media/hda1/custom/copyUser
# Aktuelle Usereinstellungen ins Skelektverzeichnis kopieren
rm -rfv /media/hda2/etc/skel
cp -rv /media/hda2/home/knoppix /media/hda2/etc/skel
chmod -R a+r /media/hda2/etc/skel
chown -R root:root /media/hda2/etc/skel
---
I've used the "three-Disks-boot-from-CD"-Method discribed in
[DE] http://www.dvdboard.de/forum/showthread.php?t=96461
and
[DE] http://www.linux-magazin.de/heft_abo/ausgaben/2004/03/schlank_in_schritten :?: