View Full Version : In Knoppix DVD 6.2.1 Gnome missing shutdown button.
Marge
04-19-2010, 10:23 AM
Hello.
I started knoppix 6.2.1 with
desktop=gnome
but I don't have shutdown option.
I tryed to:
reconfigure gdm as windowmanager
install gnome,
changed default
update-alternatives --config x-session-manager to gnome,
update-alternatives --config x-window-manager to metacity,
It seems that "gdm is not working"
Any suggestions?
krishna.murphy
04-20-2010, 04:55 PM
Hello.
I started knoppix 6.2.1 with
desktop=gnome
but I don't have shutdown option.
I tryed to:
reconfigure gdm as windowmanager
install gnome,
changed default
update-alternatives --config x-session-manager to gnome,
update-alternatives --config x-window-manager to metacity,
It seems that "gdm is not working"
Any suggestions?
Have you done a check of the CD/DVD with the built-in verifier? A bad burn or download can cause weird things. Try re-burning at a slower speed or use re-writable media (more reliable) if the check doesn't come up good, or do a md5sum on the .iso image and re-download if it isn't right.
Hope that helps!
Krishna ;)
Marge
07-12-2010, 12:28 PM
DVD is ok. I had to make 2 buttons one fot shutdown one for restart, using shutdown -r now.
krishna.murphy
07-12-2010, 06:48 PM
DVD is ok. I had to make 2 buttons one fot shutdown one for restart, using shutdown -r now.
Okay, glad to hear you got it fixed up satisfactorily. I haven't tried it myself yet, but I'll check and see what it does when I boot to Gnome, too.
Cheers!
Krishna :mrgreen:
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.