PDA

View Full Version : mysql in remastered knoppix 6.4 CD



jorgeroden
04-25-2011, 12:42 AM
Hi, I'm trying to remaster a knoppix 6.4 CD by installing some extra packets. One of them is mysql-server. I do it with #apt-get install mysql-server and everything seems ok. During installations mysql asks me root password and y type it.
The problem is when I try to enter in mysql mode
#mysql -u root -p
and gives me this error message:
Enter password:
ERROR 1045 (28000): Access denied for user 'root'@'localhost' (using password: YES)

I've tried without any password (installing proccess) as well, but there is no way to connect.
I see DVD 6.4 version has already mysql installed and working and may be I will use it, but it would be better CD version because of its size.

Thanks for your tips.

Werner P. Schulz
04-25-2011, 08:25 AM
... just tested in a HD-installation of Knoppix 6.4.4 - and it works without any problem.

Be aware user "root" of mysql is not "root" of Knoppix! You can find the encrypted password of the mysql users in '/etc/mysql/debian.cnf'

Greetings Werner * http://www.wp-schulz.de/knoppix/summary.html
Own Rescue-CD with Knoppix (Knoppix V6.4.4 remaster)

Werner P. Schulz
04-25-2011, 09:09 AM
... now I tested it within chroot and starting the remastered Knoppix - here you are right, it does not work.

I'll have a look for this problem today in the evening. Thank you for the hint, having problems with remastering.