Jon Jaroker
04-27-2011, 08:17 PM
Hello, I have not been able to find information about a 'create compressed fs' warning and was hoping someone may point me in the right direction.
My remastering attempts are generating a warning about an incomplete image when I try 'create_compress_fs'. Can this warning be ignored, or does it indicate problem with my remastering approach?
Here is how I am generating the ISO:
mkisofs -o /home/INNER.remastered.iso \
-hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes
-pad -R -U -V Boot_Disk
-v -allow-multidot
/home/remaster/source/KNOPPIX
The mkisofs is run on a Debian machine. In a successful remastering, I get the following block sizes:
Done with: The File(s) Block(s) 70087
Writing: Ending Padblock Start Block 71979
Sometime (and I can't figure out why), I get different block sizes when trying to remaster the same files. I get the following block sizes when 'create_compressed_fs' exists with the above warning:
Done with: The File(s) Block(s) 70086
Writing: Ending Padblock Start Block 71978
There is a difference of 1 in the above block sizes.
I compress the inner filesystem with the following command:
create_compressed_fs -v -m -B 65536 \
/home/INNER.remastered.iso \
/home/remaster/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
The command exits with 1 and produces the following warning:
[ 9] Blk# 2249, [ratio/avg. 6%/ 37%], avg.speed: 3205565 b/s, ETA: 0s
[ 9] Blk# 2250, [ratio/avg. 0%/ 37%], avg.speed: 3206989 b/s, ETA: 0s
WARNING: got more data then expected. Trailing data is ignored, your image may be incomplete.[ 9] Blk# 2251, [ratio/avg. 0%/ 37%], avg.speed: 3208414 b/s, ETA: 0s
[ 9] Blk# 2252, [ratio/avg. 0%/ 37%], avg.speed: 3209839 b/s, ETA: 0s
[ 9] Blk# 2253, [ratio/avg. 0%/ 37%], avg.speed: 3211264 b/s, ETA: 0s
Statistics:
gzip(0): 0 ( 0%)
gzip(1): 0 ( 0%)
gzip(2): 0 ( 0%)
gzip(3): 0 ( 0%)
gzip(4): 0 ( 0%)
gzip(5): 0 ( 0%)
gzip(6): 0 ( 0%)
gzip(7): 0 ( 0%)
gzip(8): 0 ( 0%)
gzip(9): 2254 (1e+02%)
7zip: 0 ( 0%)
Writing index for 2254 block(s)...
Writing compressed data..Does anyone else see this warning message?
Any suggestions on how to debug or fix this intermittent warning?
Thank you,
Jon
My remastering attempts are generating a warning about an incomplete image when I try 'create_compress_fs'. Can this warning be ignored, or does it indicate problem with my remastering approach?
Here is how I am generating the ISO:
mkisofs -o /home/INNER.remastered.iso \
-hide-rr-moved -cache-inodes
-pad -R -U -V Boot_Disk
-v -allow-multidot
/home/remaster/source/KNOPPIX
The mkisofs is run on a Debian machine. In a successful remastering, I get the following block sizes:
Done with: The File(s) Block(s) 70087
Writing: Ending Padblock Start Block 71979
Sometime (and I can't figure out why), I get different block sizes when trying to remaster the same files. I get the following block sizes when 'create_compressed_fs' exists with the above warning:
Done with: The File(s) Block(s) 70086
Writing: Ending Padblock Start Block 71978
There is a difference of 1 in the above block sizes.
I compress the inner filesystem with the following command:
create_compressed_fs -v -m -B 65536 \
/home/INNER.remastered.iso \
/home/remaster/master/KNOPPIX/KNOPPIX
The command exits with 1 and produces the following warning:
[ 9] Blk# 2249, [ratio/avg. 6%/ 37%], avg.speed: 3205565 b/s, ETA: 0s
[ 9] Blk# 2250, [ratio/avg. 0%/ 37%], avg.speed: 3206989 b/s, ETA: 0s
WARNING: got more data then expected. Trailing data is ignored, your image may be incomplete.[ 9] Blk# 2251, [ratio/avg. 0%/ 37%], avg.speed: 3208414 b/s, ETA: 0s
[ 9] Blk# 2252, [ratio/avg. 0%/ 37%], avg.speed: 3209839 b/s, ETA: 0s
[ 9] Blk# 2253, [ratio/avg. 0%/ 37%], avg.speed: 3211264 b/s, ETA: 0s
Statistics:
gzip(0): 0 ( 0%)
gzip(1): 0 ( 0%)
gzip(2): 0 ( 0%)
gzip(3): 0 ( 0%)
gzip(4): 0 ( 0%)
gzip(5): 0 ( 0%)
gzip(6): 0 ( 0%)
gzip(7): 0 ( 0%)
gzip(8): 0 ( 0%)
gzip(9): 2254 (1e+02%)
7zip: 0 ( 0%)
Writing index for 2254 block(s)...
Writing compressed data..Does anyone else see this warning message?
Any suggestions on how to debug or fix this intermittent warning?
Thank you,
Jon