PDA

View Full Version : Ispell, a spell-checker for Leafpad



utu
10-19-2011, 04:22 PM
.
I'm looking for a spell-checker for Leafpad or an equivalent choice in
another small text editor that has a built-in spell-checker.

I found this interesting adaptation of Ispell, which is in Synaptic but
not installed by default. One of the forum entries, by BruceB, gives a
small adapting bash script to tie Ispell and Leafpad together.

http://www.murga-linux.com/puppy/viewtopic.php?p=286995&sid=cd94a5af005f47d15df50a1378741baa

I'm interested to hear any comments on this or other approaches.

utu
12-09-2015, 12:57 AM
Add this to .bashrc:

lpad() { # uses leafpad to edit $1; on closing leafpad, aspell checks spelling; on closing aspell, leafpad shows corrected copy.
leafpad $1; aspell -c $1; leafpad $1 &
}

philo
12-10-2015, 04:54 PM
I had seen that link to the Puppy Linux forum from a Google search. It is not achieving much of anything useful.

I also remember your suggestion to integrate HunSpell with Leafpad but that did not happen.

Gedit in Knoppix v7.6, when properly fixed by the Knoppix team and/or by the authors of gedit, will do the job.