View Full Version : chroot error:no such file or directory
bongski55
06-19-2003, 07:54 PM
Tried remaster for the first time.Followed the docs word for word.
When I got to the chroot part I get this error:
"chroot:/bin/bash:no such file or directory"
What is wrong?
SillyFly
06-20-2003, 09:58 AM
check if you have a bin dir where you decompressed knoppix.
some versions of knoppix (3.2 pre 30/03 I think) had some essential folders as symlinks or hard links that cp can't create.
if this is the case you have to create the symlinks yourself (check for errors in cp progress) I think the real locations are in /mnt/test or something like that. or you can use a newer version of knoppix where those dirs are real rather then links.
Stephen
06-20-2003, 04:41 PM
folders as symlinks or hard links that cp can't create.
if this is the case you have to create the symlinks yourself (check for errors in cp progress) I think the real locations are in /mnt/test or something like that. or you can use a newer version of knoppix where those dirs are real rather then links.
If you use the -p option with cp it will perserve the links.
bongski55
06-21-2003, 11:16 AM
thanks everyone!
I did it again from the beginning and this time it worked perfectly. I don't know what went wrong the first time. Just was rteluctant to do it over again because of the long time it takes to cp the files.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.