View Full Version : INTERNET CONNECTION DURING REMASTERING
papasi
06-20-2003, 12:23 AM
I am now at a point where I noticed I have to connect to the internet in order to download some applications and other stuff. I am on a LAN and I don't know how to connect to the internet. If anyonw has any ideas on how to solve this problem, drop me a line. Am already chroot as root user and installing/unintalling programs.
Loper
06-20-2003, 05:46 AM
I am on a LAN and I don't know how to connect to the internet.
Have you tried netcardconfig from a shell? That worked for me.
ggonline
06-25-2003, 12:59 PM
I am now at a point where I noticed I have to connect to the internet in order to download some applications and other stuff. I am on a LAN and I don't know how to connect to the internet. If anyonw has any ideas on how to solve this problem, drop me a line. Am already chroot as root user and installing/unintalling programs.
If you are behind a proxy, try to :
export http_proxy=http://adress_of_the_proxy:port_num
papasi
06-25-2003, 06:39 PM
I finally figured out how to do it, the problem was that knoppix could not recognise my ethernet card driver, so I had to manually load it. this is what I did:
#modprobe 3c509
#pump
yiiiiihaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!!!!!!! :D
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.