PDA

View Full Version : M/S Search for files folder how to find in Knoppix 7.0.4



Bill_London
12-15-2013, 08:31 PM
I have a laptop with M/S Win7.
its crashed and wont rum in safe or load up and run.

I used Knoppix 7.0.4 and loaded well, but could not find equivalent of Windows "search for files or folders, all I need is Photo's, but could not find it
when I open and looked in laptop HDD,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, not in Docs/pics

any ideas please

Bill

Werner P. Schulz
12-16-2013, 08:51 AM
Within Knoppix 7.2.0 => PCManFM (2. icon from left) => Tools => Find Files

Perhaps it's the same with the old Knoppix version.

Caution: Windows 7 uses a lot of redirections!

Bill_London
12-19-2013, 02:24 PM
Within Knoppix 7.2.0 => PCManFM (2. icon from left) => Tools => Find Files

Perhaps it's the same with the old Knoppix version.

Caution: Windows 7 uses a lot of redirections!

Thanks Werner for fast reply to K-newbie, it worked well, and extracted files to save, Bill