View Full Version : Other language in K menu - problem
larryks
07-22-2003, 10:29 PM
Hello Everybody.
I'm preparing custom version. The default language is French. I'm
translating all positions in menu (exactly: root shell, printer conf. etc).
Where are located files with menu translations only for this language?
I would like these translated positions were visible only while using this language (lang=fr). In case of using other language (e.g lang=pl) - old,
original positions (root shell and other) should be in menu.
Thanks very much for help.
PS: What is better while removing debs (e.g games, kdevelop):
"apt-get --purge remove program" or without 'purge'? (in
howto is wihtout purge)..
Stephen
07-22-2003, 11:28 PM
Hello Everybody.
I'm preparing custom version. The default language is French. I'm
translating all positions in menu (exactly: root shell, printer conf. etc).
Where are located files with menu translations only for this language?
I would like these translated positions were visible only while using this language (lang=fr). In case of using other language (e.g lang=pl) - old,
original positions (root shell and other) should be in menu.
Thanks very much for help.
PS: What is better while removing debs (e.g games, kdevelop):
"apt-get --purge remove program" or without 'purge'? (in
howto is wihtout purge)..
I not sure where the files are but KDE uses kde-i18n-?? files for the localization where ??=language code in your case fr also there is a Knoppix France (http://knoppixfr.tuxfamily.org/) website you may want to check out. With the --purge option you remove the configuration files so that is probably what you want they will be just taking up space for non-installed programs anyway.
larryks
07-24-2003, 02:25 PM
ok, only i can't find files with menu translations for
particular languages.. fr, it, de (exaclty positions in
position Knoppix (in menu K))
- best regards and thanks for any hints - larry
Stephen
07-24-2003, 04:50 PM
ok, only i can't find files with menu translations for
particular languages.. fr, it, de (exaclty positions in
position Knoppix (in menu K))
- best regards and thanks for any hints - larry
That's handled by KDE when you set your language in Kpersonalizer as far as I know.
larryks
07-24-2003, 11:18 PM
I'm sorry that I'm drilling the subject .. but it does not work :(
I'm preparing custom iso. Knoppix is copied on HDD. I'm working
in chroot. I have lang=fr option enabled. All is ok ..but when I'm
translating position from menu (e.g root_shell) .. and finished iso,
burning on CD and run it again with another option (lang=eng) , root_shell is French (not English :( ..) . Where put the translation for particular language (e.g. fr) - this way it is visible only for option lang=this language? (e.g Italy translation visible only with option lang=it)
- thanks for help
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.