View Full Version : Succesful remaster with OpenOffice.org 1.1
NikiBob
08-09-2003, 01:07 AM
Steps for remastering Knoppix 3.2 06/06/2003:
1. apt-get remove old OpenOffice de/en
2. Edit /etc/sources.list ( Find your mirror at http://openoffice.debian.net/mirrors.html )
3. apt-get update
4. Change first line of apt.conf to APT::Default-Release "testing";
5. apt-get install openoffice.org
6. Copy /home/knoppix/.openoffice to /etc/skel
7. Uncomment first and last line in Star/OpenOffice section in file /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession
# Star/OpenOffice preinstall, now done in soffice startscript
[ -f /etc/skel/.sversionrc ] && \cp -au /etc/skel/.sversionrc $HOME/
# [ -f /etc/skel/.user60.rdb ] && \cp -au /etc/skel/.user60.rdb $HOME/
[ -d /etc/skel/.openoffice -a "$FREESPACE" -gt 3500 ] && \
\cp -ua /etc/skel/.openoffice $HOME/
Enjoy!
OpenOffice.org 1.1 is much faster than older (de/en).
jake5m
08-09-2003, 08:20 PM
I am really excited that someone seems to have discovered a way to remaster the CD-ROM with Openoffice 1.1 . I have been trying to accomplish this for weeks, with no success. However, I think you made a two inadvertant mistakes in your post. I believe it should read:
2. Edit /etc/apt/sources.list
and
5. apt-get install openoffice.org1.1
That having been said, I am unable to apt-get openoffice.org1.1 from the chrooted environment because of the following:
" Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies: openoffice.org1.1-bin: Depends: libfreetype6 (< 2.1.0) but 2.1.4-4 is to be installed"
Could anyone offer me any advice?
Thanks
Jake
NikiBob
08-10-2003, 03:04 AM
First some explanations:
1. OpenOffice.org 1.1 has been installed as last of many another packages (Quanta+, gFTP, Qt3 Designer, IDLE, Kino, Film Gimp, Webmin, Synaptic, phpMyAdmin, eskuel, mySQLcc, GNU Zebra, Etherape, xCDroast, Licq, MP3Kult, Blender, F-Prot, Firestarter Firewall ).
2. All games, language files (except english and german) and Koffice has been removed.
3. My final version with OpenOffice.org 1.1 take only 660 MB of CD space. Works fine running of CD and if installed on HD as well.
4. I do remastering using synaptic in second X started in chrooted environment.
5. OpenOffice.org line in /etc/apt/sources.list
deb http://borft.student.utwente.nl/debian unstable main contrib
Jake wrote:
However, I think you made a two inadvertant mistakes in your post. I believe it should read:
2. Edit /etc/apt/sources.list
and
5. apt-get install openoffice.org1.1
No, this is not mistake. I am sorry. I did another mistake because I very often change /etc/apt/apt.conf .
In step 4. please edit first line /etc/apt/apt.conf ( put APT::Default-Release "unstable"; instead of APT::Default-Release "testing"; ) and try again.
Breetai
08-16-2003, 08:32 PM
You are having the same problem, I am having, the original poster is using KNOPPIX-06-06-2003, you are using KNOPPIX-07-2x-2003
So it is either downgrade to 06-06-2003, or wait a while. The deb folks are not working on openoffice.org.1.1, they are now working on openoffice.org1.1rc, till they have that done for the sid folks. We are out of luck.
I am really excited that someone seems to have discovered a way to remaster the CD-ROM with Openoffice 1.1 . I have been trying to accomplish this for weeks, with no success.
That having been said, I am unable to apt-get openoffice.org1.1 from the chrooted environment because of the following:
" Sorry, but the following packages have unmet dependencies: openoffice.org1.1-bin: Depends: libfreetype6 (< 2.1.0) but 2.1.4-4 is to be installed"
Could anyone offer me any advice?
Thanks
Jake
arkaine23
08-17-2003, 04:57 AM
delete
arkaine23
08-17-2003, 04:58 AM
Worked great on my remaster of a 6-06 version. I had to alter apt.conf to use default=unstable though, not testing. Saved me a bunch of space on my CD. So I added firebird and Mplayer also.
ncarvalho
08-30-2004, 01:37 AM
Hy,
NikiBob, your solution seems great and i've tried it, but....
I'm confused...
In step 7 you said "Uncomment first and last line", but seems to me that in the code you have uncommented the first, third and fourth (last) line.
# Star/OpenOffice preinstall, now done in soffice startscript
1: [ -f /etc/skel/.sversionrc ] && \cp -au /etc/skel/.sversionrc $HOME/
2: # [ -f /etc/skel/.user60.rdb ] && \cp -au /etc/skel/.user60.rdb $HOME/
3: [ -d /etc/skel/.openoffice -a "$FREESPACE" -gt 3500 ] && \
4: \cp -ua /etc/skel/.openoffice $HOME/
What do you really mean?? 1st and last or 1st, 3rd and 4th???
Another question...
I'm using Knoopix 3.3 - 16/2/2004 and the 4th line is a bit different from yours (sorry i dont have here the line).
I've uncomment the 3 lines (1st, 3rd and 4th), and openoffice is almost perfect. When i start it, it finish the instalattion / setup and then i can start using it.
But i'm trying to avoid this "finish setup", is there any help???
Thanks
NCarvalho
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.