PDA

View Full Version : NTLM Authorization Proxy Server



TheWind
09-02-2003, 08:48 PM
Hi folks!

It would be great to include the NTLM Authorization Proxy Server that allows you to authenticate via an MS Proxy Server using the proprietary NTLM protocol. This is more than useful for all the peoples who need to access to internet in a LAN under MS,

APS98 can be downloaded from http://www.geocities.com/rozmanov/ntlm/ and it work perfectly in under Knoppix, Will be necessary only five minutes to customize it for Knoppix and is weight is just 50 Kb!

Thanx a lot, Knoppix and derivated are great!!!

Piero Proietti [email protected]

nuke
09-05-2003, 06:49 PM
I agree that this would be an excellent addition to Knoppix.

In our case, I am unable to convince my coworkers that Linux will work OK since I can't even show the basic web browsing and email collection from outside of our network. All because MS Proxy Server.

THanks

aay
09-05-2003, 10:17 PM
Well the best route for inclusion is to go to knoppix.com, locate the knoppix developers mailing list and ask Klaus to add it. This is just a forum for those who share info on how to use and customize Knoppix - not really a developers form.

I will say this. Your chances are better if this exits as a .deb somewhere. Several times I"ve seen Klaus reply to requests to add things by asking if someone is mainting it as a .deb. If not perhaps some one interested in this would do it. Inclusion sounds like a good idea to me though especially since it's gpl'd.