PDA

View Full Version : 2 NICS / seeing "1"



warbuckle
11-07-2003, 02:27 AM
Hello All,

under windows, I have 2 NICS in a main machine, sharing a cable connection etc..............

running Knoppix from the CD my first NIC is detected..........this is the "private" address, however my second NIC..........ie...........outside internet is not.

1st = Realtek
2nd = Intel some such.........

Any ideas, the OS looks good, but no use to me without internet, maybe I will try and replace #2 NIC with another Realtek.........

Will

garyng
11-07-2003, 02:54 AM
Hello All,

under windows, I have 2 NICS in a main machine, sharing a cable connection etc..............

running Knoppix from the CD my first NIC is detected..........this is the "private" address, however my second NIC..........ie...........outside internet is not.

1st = Realtek
2nd = Intel some such.........

Any ideas, the OS looks good, but no use to me without internet, maybe I will try and replace #2 NIC with another Realtek.........

Will

what does 'lspci' show ?