View Full Version : Wireless Networking With Knoppix
Sn0wD0g
11-14-2003, 03:39 PM
i i have knoppix 3.2 and was wondering if there is a list of network hardware that is compatible with 3.2? I am having problems with knoppix not finding my wireless netork card. (D-Link DI-624 AirPlus XtremeG wireless router) with a
(DLW-G650 AirPlus XtremeG wireless nic) I am new to knoppix and any help would be greatly appreciated
Unfortunately 802.11G is not supported very well yet in linux. Linux hackers haven't gotten much support from hardware manufactuers in this department. Nevertheless, what driver does your card use? There is a chance it will work. I posted a link a while back that may be of help to you. Check out the following page:
http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5778
It appears that some people are having success with the Linuxant drivers.
Adam
Sn0wD0g
11-14-2003, 04:02 PM
well i went to the site you gave me and couldnt DL the driverloader i will jsut hard wire another NIC thanks for your help btw do u know if 3.3 supports my wireless card?
well i went to the site you gave me and couldnt DL the driverloader i will jsut hard wire another NIC thanks for your help btw do u know if 3.3 supports my wireless card?
I'm pretty sure 3.3 won't have support. The main thing to find out is what driver your card uses. Broadcom has done absolutely nothing to support Linux. If you have a Broadcom chip then the only way to get it to work is through the Linuxant installer. The Atheros chip has linux support as I understand it, but it's not in the kernel yet, so you would need to add the drivers. 802.11b works pretty well in linux, but again you must be conscious of what drivers you need. Hope that helps.
Adam
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.