Stephen, thank you again.
About the internet problem... I've posted in linuxquestions.org with a topic: "My internet works with Windouz, but with LINUX :(((" But it is already on the second page... Please have a look at it if you think you could help.
In few words: I know how to configure my eth0 device. I did it and it works well. But the problem is, that my provider uses some special magics and I don't know them :||
What is sure about my eth0:
1. It is correctly installed and working. No conflicts with other devices.
2. I do have internet. (;) Read further)
What is not sure:
1. The magic our admin uses... :|
I connect to the internet with a static IP. And NO DHCP is supported from our provider.
In Windouz I use IP, Subnet mask, Gateway, DNS.
So do I in LINUX. But... Both in Windouz and LINUX console I can't connect. In Windouz - only in graphical mode - no problems when using Mozilla, IE, mIRC, ICQ and other applications.
Under LINUX - no internet at all.
I CAN ping the LAN - neighbour computers, our gateway and DNS too. But nothing goes otside our LAN.
I've checked my settings many times, so they are OK, I'm sure that.
I've played a couple of hours with nmap and ethereal and I keep logs. Traceroute logs are also available ;))
As far as I can see from my logs: There are open ports in our gateway, but all ports in our DNS are closed or filtered. NO open ports.
...Why do I say 'I have a connection' then? Coz with a friend of mine who is NOT in our LAN... We tried ssh. I open sshd and he connects to me and we can chat. So there is a connection out of the LAN. The prolem is that I don't know whether it depends on a special port or a protocol that our admin uses :| And again: I do not have any problems when connectin in Windouz :|||
...The difficult thing is to contact our admin :| And even then it is almost sure I won't get any info from him :| Stupid, ain't it? :||
Thank you once again.
P.S.
I think it is better to move these topic to other part of this forum - "Networking" or to continue it in another forum, may be linuxquestions.org.
Here is my e-mail address:
[email protected]
If you have some free time left and/or you are curious about my networking problem, please mail me and I'll send you the logs I've made...