mgsimon
01-04-2004, 10:26 PM
Hello KNOPPIX-friends,
my knoppix installation works fine on my VAIO notebook PCG-SR31K. 8)
The wireless network, the usb-hub, the usb-keyboard, the usb-mouse, the usb-hotsync without any problem after some customizations, but one component will not work.
I have an USB-RS232 Interface Converter to get a serial interface.
I want to communicate with my GARMIN etrex VENTURE GPS with this interface.
The software GPS-Drive works fine with the protocol NMEA In / NMEA Out.
I am not be able to use the protocol GARMIN to get or set any route, track or waypoint.
The gpstrans returns the following error message:
Connected GPS [/dev/ttyUSB0] is: <GPS not responding>
gpspoint and gpsman returns nothing.
The output from lsusb:
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0604 Genesys Logic, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0711:0230 Magic Control Technology Corp. MCT-232 Serial Port
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 046d:c00f Logitech, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 046d:c30a Logitech, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 04cc:1122 Philips Semiconductors Hub
Bus 001 Device 007: ID 054c:0056 Sony Corp.
The device /dev/ttyUSB0 have to be correct, because the protocol NMEA In / NMEA Out works with this.
The model of the USB-RS232 Interface Converter is U232-P9.
The protocol worked under w2k with FUGAWI and some other applications.
setserial will not work with USB serial interfaces.
setserial /dev/usb/ttyUSB0 will return the message Cannot get serial info: Invalid argument.
I will be happy for any idea to get my GPS running with knoppix.
Thanx,
mgsimon
my knoppix installation works fine on my VAIO notebook PCG-SR31K. 8)
The wireless network, the usb-hub, the usb-keyboard, the usb-mouse, the usb-hotsync without any problem after some customizations, but one component will not work.
I have an USB-RS232 Interface Converter to get a serial interface.
I want to communicate with my GARMIN etrex VENTURE GPS with this interface.
The software GPS-Drive works fine with the protocol NMEA In / NMEA Out.
I am not be able to use the protocol GARMIN to get or set any route, track or waypoint.
The gpstrans returns the following error message:
Connected GPS [/dev/ttyUSB0] is: <GPS not responding>
gpspoint and gpsman returns nothing.
The output from lsusb:
Bus 001 Device 001: ID 0000:0000
Bus 001 Device 002: ID 05e3:0604 Genesys Logic, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 004: ID 0711:0230 Magic Control Technology Corp. MCT-232 Serial Port
Bus 001 Device 005: ID 046d:c00f Logitech, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 006: ID 046d:c30a Logitech, Inc.
Bus 001 Device 003: ID 04cc:1122 Philips Semiconductors Hub
Bus 001 Device 007: ID 054c:0056 Sony Corp.
The device /dev/ttyUSB0 have to be correct, because the protocol NMEA In / NMEA Out works with this.
The model of the USB-RS232 Interface Converter is U232-P9.
The protocol worked under w2k with FUGAWI and some other applications.
setserial will not work with USB serial interfaces.
setserial /dev/usb/ttyUSB0 will return the message Cannot get serial info: Invalid argument.
I will be happy for any idea to get my GPS running with knoppix.
Thanx,
mgsimon