PDA

View Full Version : Adding a new user, and files in users home



edfinegan
01-12-2004, 03:45 PM
I have read a few differnt post and havn't gotten it to work, I would like know when the ramdisk is mounted and by what. I tried to edit the Xsession startup script like some one mentioned but had no luck getting it to work. I whould like to have a new user, and add a few files to their home directories.

Thanks
Ed

junker
01-13-2004, 07:35 AM
Home directories are created in linuxrc which is located within the miniroot. The compressed miniroot (miniroot.gz) is located within the boot image (boot.img). Mount the boot image, extract and uncompress the miniroot. Then mount the miniroot and edit the linuxrc file. Then unmount the miniroot and recompress it. Then unmount the boot image.

To add files to the new home directory follow the example of how it is done with the /home/knoppix directory. It is done within the /etc/X11/Xsession.d/45xsession file and uses the /etc/skel and /usr/share/knoppix/profile directories. You can create a different profile directory for the new user.