PDA

View Full Version : packges still there after remove?!



raptor
01-27-2004, 02:34 PM
hi,

I'm tring to remove all the X and KDE stuff...
the packges are removed successfuly, but many times
I get "directory used" and some such...
Later the packges are still seen in dpkg -l, which is annoyng..
i cant figure out what is left and what I already deinstalled...

Is thre a way to remove totaly packge so that it is both -
deleted from "dpkg -l" and all files correspondending to it be
removed too...

Ghandalfar
01-27-2004, 05:37 PM
--purge

see man apt-get and man dpkg

raptor
01-27-2004, 06:23 PM
--purge

see man apt-get and man dpkg

doesnt help
#dpkg-query -W --showformat='${Installed-Size} ${Package}\n' | sort -n
.....
23032 libwine
26824 gimp
31908 mozilla-browser
33048 kernel-image-2.4.22-xfs
35904 emacs21-common
39476 tetex-extra
53868 tetex-base

# apt-get --purge remove tetex-base
Reading Package Lists...
Building Dependency Tree...
Package tetex-base is not installed, so not removed
0 upgraded, 0 newly installed, 0 to remove and 353 not upgraded.

the same is with the all other packges I want to remove !!?!?

Stephen
01-27-2004, 09:15 PM
Try dpkg -l | grep ii that will give you a list of the packages actually installed. dpkg will list all available packages in its database not just the installed ones.