View Full Version : Getting Closer to KNOPPIX CITRIX CD
dugstratton
01-30-2004, 02:16 AM
I have come to the point now where I have the KNOPPIX remastering environment setup. I now want to "install the citrix client" and configure it.
So now I need to know how to (I am assuming I can't run KDE while chrooted to do this the normal way? Correct? if not tell me how)
How to get application "shortcuts" (sorry X-windows person) to the KNOPPIX user menu. I am using KDE. When I install the ICA client under a normal gui environment it "creates" 2 shortcuts to the applications to control ICA. I want to copy these to the KNOPPIX user so when I create the cd they apear under applications.
Guess that is it for now.
Thanks for all the help. Hope to repay with like someday.
Hasse
01-31-2004, 11:32 PM
(I am assuming I can't run KDE while chrooted to do this the normal way? Correct? if not tell me how)I found this nice URL http://www.stirnimann.com/mystuff/doc/knoppix.txt in this forum a few days ago.
It tells you, step by step, how to remaster Knoppix. Take a special look att 3b and 3c, where you start a chroot:ed X -server!
xstreamfisherman
04-01-2004, 01:33 PM
dugstratton,
Did you get the citrix client working on your remaster? Any chance I could download a copy from you?
dugstratton
04-01-2004, 05:56 PM
I have had to put that project on hold. Will get back to it sometime in the next few months.
xstreamfisherman
04-01-2004, 09:50 PM
I thank you for your prompt reply. I may just try my luck at remastering one myself.
dugstratton
04-01-2004, 10:22 PM
If you get one together I could sure use it.
drfreak
04-11-2004, 06:10 AM
There are a few CDs out there with the Citrix client. Check out www.sourceforge.net/projects/ftc. I did the Linux version based on an older version of Knoppix. It isn't maintained anymore, but may be of use to you.
dugstratton
04-13-2004, 04:54 PM
when I go to that link it says invalid source?
wesalmon
04-28-2004, 04:11 PM
I wrote the FTC project years ago and use it constantly. I am linux illiterate and have been trying to figure out any way of doing it in linux. I hope this knoppix project gets working. The link posted includes the . which is why it fails. I have been too busy to update it, but it is not dead!
Henk Poley
05-03-2004, 09:25 PM
when I go to that link it says invalid source?
That's because he put a dot '.' in the link, repaired: http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/ftc/
btw, if he had put a trailing slash on the end, the dot wouldn't have caused a failure. Like this:
http://www.sourceforge.net/projects/ftc/.
arkaoss
05-06-2004, 06:27 PM
hey, i was trying to get a live cd citrix going too but I am/was even more of a newb so I never got very far.. citrix on linux is ignored by citrix, i tried askin some people at a tech conference once.. it seems possible with the live cd and that client... if someone with a bit more linux/live cd expierience could HELP !!!!
probono
05-25-2004, 12:52 PM
Hi all,
finally I have the Citrix ICA client installed in the home directory of a original Knoppix (not remastered) - it is working well but was a bit tricky to do.
Before I write a klik recipe (http://klik.berlios.de) for one-klik installation, I want to ask whether anyone is still interested in running the Citrix client. That would allow anyone to install Citrix in Knoppix by simply a klik, without hd-installing or remastering the CD.
Please let me know, folks.
probono
dugstratton
05-31-2004, 06:44 PM
I am still interested in getting it running on knoppix. This one click thing you are talking about? Please explain what you mean? Can I still end up with a bootable cd with citrix installed?
probono
05-31-2004, 10:23 PM
This one click thing you are talking about? Please explain what you mean? Can I still end up with a bootable cd with citrix installed?
Technically: Yes. Please see http://klik.berlios.de - if you burn your persistent home to CD then you have a CD that contains the klik-installed apps.
nyloxy
06-11-2004, 01:24 AM
I have to have this project completed by the end of next week. Been working on it since Monday. Started running into a snag with the iso burns.
Was wondering if you had gotten back the creating your Knoppix Citrix distro?
If you haven't or can't, I'll share all I can on my current and future progress on the project. :D
dugstratton
06-14-2004, 04:58 PM
I have nothing at this point except the stuff that might be here (I have not had time to look at it.)http://klik.berlios.de) for one-klik installation Anything you come up with I can sure use. Thanks
probono
06-14-2004, 09:38 PM
And finally - the Citrix client is in klik now:
klik://icaclient (klik client must be installed)
mbourgon
06-18-2004, 08:21 PM
I could definitely use one.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.