PDA

View Full Version : HELP wanted: Make Gnome-based Distro (Germany)



jfsebastian
03-02-2004, 11:07 AM
Hi everybody,

I wanted to start a distribution based on Knoppix / debian.
I know theres a lot of demand for a customizied Linux-version based on Gnome.

I want to aim at making it also public distribution in Germany/Europe, like RedHat/Fedora in US.

So anyone expierenced in building such a distro and possibly living in Berlin, please mail me [email protected] or let the discussion start in this forum.

Maybe someone already started working on that and I could join the team.

Greetings, Clemens.

EmDee
03-02-2004, 05:21 PM
I have met at least one German developer in the http://www.gnoppix.org/ IRC channel, I think they'd need help to fix some minor bugs in the german localization.
Oh, and in case you don't know Gnoppix; it's all Gnome, very slick looking and... well, go check it out yourself! And if you got the skills, you might as well team up with them;-)

jfsebastian
03-02-2004, 05:34 PM
Cool, thank you EmDee.

Is it right, that Knoppix is only based on KDE?

arkaine23
03-02-2004, 06:40 PM
KDE is the default. Knopppix has some more minimal window managers you can use as alternates like icewm, fluxbox, and xfce. Gnoppix and Knoppix 3.4 Cebit both have gnome.