View Full Version : Smart boot manager
proto
03-15-2004, 04:18 PM
Has anyone tried SBM Im a Newbe and need help as how to make the Tex document sminist-static executable ,I dont know the first thing about programming.
OErjan
03-15-2004, 09:29 PM
open a consolle cd to the folder (that is change directory by typing cd /search/path/to/file) where the smbinst is located and type
chmod +x ./file or perhaps just do
chmod +x /search/path/to/file
then do
/search/path/to/file
to complicated? if you think so ask further.
proto
03-16-2004, 01:01 AM
open a consolle cd to the folder (that is change directory by typing cd /search/path/to/file) where the smbinst is located and type
chmod +x ./file or perhaps just do
chmod +x /search/path/to/file
then do
/search/path/to/file
to complicated? if you think so ask further.
I suppose I go into dos? I have the subminst-static Tex dodument DL to my desktop Do I type the commands in the Text document or in dos I cant seem to get it right. thanks for the help
Bernd Blaauw
03-23-2004, 06:22 PM
DOS?
Desktop?
You need to boot into Linux, probably Knoppix,
then open up a console (bash for example),
(console is what YOU are calling a dos prompt)
then find the sbm-static file,
and do a chmod +x sbm-static
next, execute it:
sbm-static
if you have Windows, there's a installer (.exe file) for Smart Boot Manager to write it to diskette.
if you can't work it out,
download the diskette version of Smart Boot Manager we created for FreeDOS:
http://fdos.org/ripcord/beta9rc5/fdos1440.img
(boot from it, option 1, then option 3, and then you are in Smart Boot Manager)
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.