View Full Version : 'key-fob' USB RAM-sticks
carrt
03-23-2004, 04:47 AM
My "key-fob" USB memory-stick has 500Mb RAM. I can plug Knoppix into any computer and reboot! ... How do I get Knoppix into 500 Mb? And how do I get a computer to boot from it on the key-fob?
Neo-Rio
04-07-2004, 07:41 AM
I don't think any motherboards support USB key booting (yet)
But I could be wrong........
Stephen
04-07-2004, 08:38 AM
My "key-fob" USB memory-stick has 500Mb RAM. I can plug Knoppix into any computer and reboot! ... How do I get Knoppix into 500 Mb? And how do I get a computer to boot from it on the key-fob?
Knoppix will not fit on that the size is too small you may want to search for flonix a remaster based on knoppix that can boot from a usb stick.
Neo-Rio
04-08-2004, 01:56 AM
Technically there is a 1GB SD-card in existance these days.
It is horribly expensive at the moment (I could buy a used PC at the price), but in a USB reader it could be used to hold Knoppix in future.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.