View Full Version : SATA RAID Support
poopyman67
03-25-2004, 08:03 AM
I think you guys should inlcude support for sata raid, as that is increasingly more and more popular. I have it myself, and I can't recover data from my harddrive because of this problem.
Fabianx
03-27-2004, 03:12 PM
I think you guys should inlcude support for sata raid, as that is increasingly more and more popular. I have it myself, and I can't recover data from my harddrive because of this problem.
This should be fixed with Kernel 2.6 and Knoppix 3.4.
cu
Fabian
Ironwalker
04-01-2004, 03:45 AM
yes 2.6 kernel will indeed recognise your sata raid array as individual disks only.
I believe hardware raid is not supported anymore.....only software raid.
Neo-Rio
04-07-2004, 07:40 AM
The 2.6 kernel also needs to do something about managing winRAID IRQs.
When I connect my RAID drives to the on-board RAID connectors.... I lose use of my sound-card!
Similarly, my hardware set up crashes Fedora Core 1 because of the IRQs all going to IRQ 9.
golemwashere
04-11-2004, 04:40 PM
Hello,
can anyone explain the easiest way to use this
http://www.infowares.com/linux/
precompiled sata modules ?
Thanks
G.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.