View Full Version : how to get apt and dpkg seeing the same things?
arkaine23
04-26-2004, 09:19 AM
I uninstall apps with apt-get remove usually, only sometimes with dpkg -r. So when I generate a size-sorted list of what's installed with dpkg, the things I removed with apt still show up. And I can no longer remove them with dpkg once they've been unistalled.
How can I get dpkg to know which apps I've removed with apt-get?
charleswong
05-08-2004, 04:57 PM
I faced the same problem as yours.
But I take a further action "dpkg -P package name". After this command has been run, it shows "uninstalled" in the status file. It seems that apt-get does not update the installation file status.
Ghandalfar
05-08-2004, 07:02 PM
it sure does .. but if you look carefully you'll se ii at some and rc at others. If you want to get completly rid of file you need to --purge it :)
Prometeus
05-08-2004, 11:37 PM
cleaning
for i in $(dpkg -l | grep ^rc | cut -d " " -f 3); do dpkg --purge $i; done
for uninstall packages use apt-get remove --purge package-name,no trash after...
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.