PDA

View Full Version : Emulating knoppix CD on the hard drive



Sago7
04-29-2004, 01:56 AM
I try to meulate the knoppix cd on my hard drive following the steps on this guide http://linux.oreillynet.com/lpt/a/4323


The problem:
When i boot from the cd i have to chose the expert mode, if i do it whitout this my screen crash when enter to the graphic mode... The same thing with de image on my hard drive... It don't ask me nothing!!!!... Just past to the prompt and crash.


The fact: What can i do for booting the image in expert mode or botting chosing a conjfiguration file (wich is in a partition of mi hd), if i can do that my problem will be solved :)

Any clue????

pd: My english is not perfect ;)

mcaycedo
04-29-2004, 04:14 AM
In this discussion:

http://www.knoppix.net/forum/viewtopic.php?t=9647&highlight=

You can find a nice discussion about the different options for the poor man's install

I create a bootable win98 / dos partition and load Knoppix using a command like:

loadlin vmlinuz root=/dev/hda1 initr=miniroot.gz lang=es ro

You can check the exact sintaxys in the discussion (or ask me again) . In this command, near the lang=es you can post all the cheatcodes you want to.

Sago7
04-29-2004, 04:25 AM
Thanks for the info...

Now i have a lot to read...

Sago7
04-29-2004, 10:06 PM
I thing you miss the point...

I'm booting Knoppix emulating the cd from my hard device.... ALL THIS ONLY WITH LINUX...

I ondt have any win on mi pc :)


I solve my problem :D

I just edit /etc/lilo.conf with ---> APPEND="KNOPPIX 2"


Now i can run on text mode.... I only have to change the desktop to fluxbox and go on with my proyects...

Thanks for your help.