View Full Version : Option for not modifying fstab on beginner install
Pydron
05-04-2004, 08:49 PM
It would be really nice if that the "Beginner" hd-install would have the option of not modifying fstab every bootup. I use my second partition as my home directory and having to manually mount my home directory after every reboot is quite bothersome. But it is not that bad, at least 3.4 came out and I can just use the "Debian" hd-installed system.
Fabianx
05-10-2004, 01:33 AM
It would be really nice if that the "Beginner" hd-install would have the option of not modifying fstab every bootup. I use my second partition as my home directory and having to manually mount my home directory after every reboot is quite bothersome. But it is not that bad, at least 3.4 came out and I can just use the "Debian" hd-installed system.
Just remove the #Added by Knoppix comments and it'll leave the line after that alone ...
For the other thing as root:
update-rc.d mountall.sh start 36 S .
cu
Fabian
PS: Fixed in 0.3-10.
Pydron
05-13-2004, 01:00 PM
Thanks Fabian.
Powered by vBulletin® Version 4.2.2 Copyright © 2026 vBulletin Solutions, Inc. All rights reserved.