How about logging in as root as an F2 option
sudo is fine when you're in a terminal and so is the root terminal.
However tryintg to drag and drop files into my other Linuix partiton, I keep getting a permissions error. I also got one trying to clicking on an Opera.deb package to start the dpkg install. It kept asking for the non existant root password. Trying to key in the exact path is not easy for us n00bs.
It would be nice if you could start out as root and set your own password durring the F2 boot cheat codes option.
IMHO not a good idea for a general Knoppix
Salve audioaficionado,
>I want full root ... Linux installation in case I screwed up
Sorry, but I have the feeling you have to worked to long with M$.
"full root" - nobody needs at the same time all rights to do everthing. What drag & drop may be faster - it makes sences to
think first, and act than.
AFAIK does Debian standard installation not allow to use X-Server
as root.
I'm quite new with GNU/Linx but I have understand that I have to
learn and love the shell. Giving support to solve problems and
find support is texed-based much easier ;)
IMHO would be such a CheatCode contraproductive - and dangerous,
people would worked everytime as "full root" because they are to
lasy to learn GNU/Linux.
It is a good idea to speakout ideas, but as I tried to explain is this
one in my eyes not an idea to make Knoppix better. Greetings
rob