-
Sweet! This is awesome
Hi my name is Mike and I'm a Windows user... but I'm willing to change.
Today I burned and used Knoppix for the first time. After a few hours of playing around and doing my usual work on the computer I was hooked. A bootable CD won't do it for me anymore, my drives are ready to have a Linux Partition...
I just wanted to say for all of the people who have worked on Knoppix you now have a new user :)
Today my task is to find out how to install Knoppix on the hard drive!
-
if it is knoppix 3.4 you start knoppix with the necesary/desired.. cheatcodes then set everything like you want it.
next step is to open a console and type kn2hd and folow instructons, not the simplest of installs but...
a link to a desent walktrough is here;
http://godot.studentenweb.org/debian/index.cgi
here is a BUNCH of links from http://www.knoppix.net/doc that have more info, not 100% nesesary to read it all for a hdd install but...
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/HdInstallHowTo
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/FaqHdBased
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...serChangeHowTo
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.php/KnoppixInstaller
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...stentHomeHowTo
http://www.knoppix.net/docs/index.ph...tallTweakHowTo
hope you won't be scared away by the amount of information.
btw BACKUP before partitioning, it MIGHT get messed up.