i have tried many many times but nothing ever works. I have followed many online instructions but the installation always fails
I ws wondering how many people here have managed to set up ati drivers.
Printable View
i have tried many many times but nothing ever works. I have followed many online instructions but the installation always fails
I ws wondering how many people here have managed to set up ati drivers.
This might help:
http://kanotix.com/files/
Quote:
Originally Posted by mzilikazi
what exactly are these scripts? They are not drivers. And after you download it how do i run it?
Quote:
Originally Posted by DimGR
i run it and it only works with kernel 2.4 not 2.6
I had success using this method with 2.6 kernel only. It requires >> more work than Kano's scripts however.
http://xoomer.virgilio.it/flavio.sta...installer.html
i am having some problems following these instructions The problem is when i am trying to load the driverQuote:
Originally Posted by kelmo
modprobe fglrx
FATAL: Error inserting fglrx (/lib/modules/2.6.6/kernel/drivers/video/fglrx.ko): Invalid module format
fglrx: version magic '2.6.6-flavour PENTIUM4 gcc-3.3' should be '2.6.6 SMP preempt 386 gcc-2.95'
fglrx: version magic '2.6.6-flavour PENTIUM4 gcc-3.3' should be '2.6.6 SMP preempt 386 gcc-2.95'
The symlink at /usr/bin/gcc -> /usr/bin/gcc-3.3 by default. Change it to point to gcc-2.95.
What kernel source are you using?
what ist exactly the problem?
you can download the driver from ati.com and the kernel source, if you haven't the sorces, and follow the instruction delivered by the driver.
the drivber ist named fglrx and must be loaded as modul in /etc/modules.conf
and of course in the XF86Config-4.
how do i change that?Quote:
Originally Posted by kelmo
686 for my kernel sources because uname -a says 686