Skype is an application that allows you to phone over the Internet. For more information: http://www.skype.com
The easiest way to install in Knoppix is:
http://klik.berlios.de or klik://skype (klik client must be installed)
Printable View
Skype is an application that allows you to phone over the Internet. For more information: http://www.skype.com
The easiest way to install in Knoppix is:
http://klik.berlios.de or klik://skype (klik client must be installed)
The updated version now also supports SkypeOut which lets you call any phone on the public phone network (not free though).
I reccomend everyone check this out. The quality of calls are amazing, and the application is well written.
A little OT, but there is also a skype version for WiFi PDAs... now that's really cool (if it works...)
Hei
I downloaded Skype today using Klik and see it isn't the 0.92.0.2 beta version, so file/options doesn't include a hand/headset tag.. any way of updating this?
regards
I'll try to update things once in a while - in the meantime, you can hand-edit the klik recipe which you can find on the Skype klik page and then run it as a shell script.Quote:
Originally Posted by cintra
Greetings,
probono
Thanks probonoQuote:
Originally Posted by probono
I'll have a look and see if it makes sense to me..
regards
http://www.skype.com/i/hdr_download.png
klik://skype is now upgraded to version 0.92.0.2. Release date: Sep 21, 2004
Greetings,
probono
Hmm. Now the 0.92.0.12 version is out for Linux. Any chance for an update?Quote:
Originally Posted by probono
BTW, according to the following link the skype api has been released under a free/non-commercial licence (non gpl i'm sure).
http://dot.kde.org/1100212982/
The writer of this post accordingly expresses a desire to see support for skype integrated into kopete/kontact. This would be pretty interesting. I recall reading recently that skype is also planning video support somtime in the future.