javac and java wherefore art thou?
I've been using KNOPPIX to teach Computer Science for years now. However, I'm still confused about one thing: what flavor of javac and java is being using in KNOPPIX 3.4?
Am I correct in assuming that when I use the command line:
javac Hello.java
I'm using GNC GCC?
Am I also correct in assuming that when I use the command line:
java Hello
I'm using BlackDown?
Is this right, do I have it backwards or am I totally off base? Please advise!!
The reason I ask is that I'm trying to use java green threads in an openmosix clustered environment (ie: QUANTIAN which is based on clusterKNOPPIX which is, in turn, based on KNOPPIX) but I've had no joy so far!
When I try the -green switch with javac it seems to be recognized. So, whatever JDK for javac is installed in KNOPPIX will work for my project. The problem occurs when I use the -green switch with java and its not recognized! So, whatever JVM for java is installed in KNOPPIX will not work for my project! ARRGGGHHHH!!!!!
I need to find out what javas are installed, how to uninstall the non-green thread enabled java and what green thread enabled java I need to install.
BTW, I'm using a knoppix-installered QUANTIAN PC with several clustered nodes based on QUANTIAN CDs.
FYI:
http://bofh.be/clusterknoppix/
http://dirk.eddelbuettel.com/quantian.html
TIA,
AJG