Removing all traces of knoppix; Switching to gnome...
Hi,
I've converted Knoppix 3.4 to a debian hdd install on my system. However, starting up kde still shows the knoppix splash screen and there are still some knoppix related commands. Is there any way I can remove any traces of knoppix on my system.
Secondly, init 5 automatically loads up KDE... Is there any way to switch so that gnome starts up automatically?
Re: Removing all traces of knoppix; Switching to gnome...
Quote:
Originally Posted by leecming
Hi,
I've converted Knoppix 3.4 to a debian hdd install on my system. However, starting up kde still shows the knoppix splash screen and there are still some knoppix related commands. Is there any way I can remove any traces of knoppix on my system.
Secondly, init 5 automatically loads up KDE... Is there any way to switch so that gnome starts up automatically?
Changing the knoppix splash screen is easy. Just go to menu -> settings -> control center -> appearance and themes -> splash screen, and change it.
As for knoppix related commands, install synaptic (apt-get install synaptic), search for knoppix, and just uninstall everything.
To have gnome on your start up, first install it on your hard drive (apt-get install gnome, or use synaptic), then on the login screen you can change the session for gnome.
Bye!