Internet Connection Sharing...???
What do I have to do to use internet connection sharing between knoppix 3.4 and windows xp?
this pc a speedtouch usb connection that's working running on knoppix 3.4 (hdd installed)
and my other pc has windows xp installed on it.
How do I get the internet connection sharing and file sharing working?
Re: Internet Connection Sharing...???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jwizzman
What do I have to do to use internet connection sharing between knoppix 3.4 and windows xp?
this pc a speedtouch usb connection that's working running on knoppix 3.4 (hdd installed)
and my other pc has windows xp installed on it.
How do I get the internet connection sharing and file sharing working?
File sharing is done between Linux & windows boxes via Samba.
That doc is aimed at live cd use but it's not too much different from hdd install.
It is alot easier (I think) to simply install Cygwin on your winbox and start the ssh server. Then just use ssh to access your windows box.
Google for samba and swat.