Just did a hard disk install.
Now, how do I make the boot: arguments
knoppix nodma
permanent so that each time Knoppix boots from the
hard disk then nodma is applied.
Printable View
Just did a hard disk install.
Now, how do I make the boot: arguments
knoppix nodma
permanent so that each time Knoppix boots from the
hard disk then nodma is applied.
FromCode:man hdparm
/snip/Quote:
hdparm [ flags ] [device]
So....Quote:
-d Disable/enable the "using_dma" flag for this drive.
Now have a look:Code:su
hdparm -d0 /dev/hda
I do not know if Knoppix does this or not BUT it is common to turn DMA on w/ a script. Likely it would be /etc/init.d/bootmisc.sh. Have a look and if there's an hdparm command you'll likely want to get rid of it. You can simply comment it out.Code:hdparm /dev/hda
Just add
in bootmisc.sh, using your favorite text editor from a root console.Code:hdparm -d0 /dev/hda
Regards,
AJG
Are you using lilo? Then just add 'nodma' to the append=list in /etc/lilo.conf & rerun lilo.
Thanks for all the tips.
I used the lilo suggestion. It was easy.