How do i update knoppix 3.3 to the new version ?
Hi,
i am a "Knoppix-starter" and did install Knoppix 3.3 some time
ago. I run a Notebook with WindowsXp and Knoppix 3.3.
I wanted to update my Knoppix Version by apt-get update and
apt-get upgrade. Thats what i did find with google so far.
Some things did succed, but now i am still on V 3.3.
I get some failure messages here:
libc-dev: belongs to libc6 (=2.3.2.ds1-13) but 2.3.2.ds1-10 for install...
or something like that...
Any idea on how i can fix it ? I just wanted to update because i run nmap 3.48 and want to get the new one :-)
(sorry for my bad english ;-) )
Re: How do i update knoppix 3.3 to the new version ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by loopback
Hi,
....
Some things did succed, but now i am still on V 3.3.
You will always on 3.3; upgrade will not 'upgrade' to Knoppix 3.4. You will end up with a 'modified' 3.3 which the installed packages are upgraded to later versions only.
Quote:
I get some failure messages here:
libc-dev: belongs to libc6 (=2.3.2.ds1-13) but 2.3.2.ds1-10 for install...
or something like that...
You may have more succes by upgrading specific packages only. Upgrade will not do this, the way to do it is
apt-get -t <stable, testing or unstable> install <package>
for example 'apt-get -t testing install konqueror' will install an upgraded version of konqueror; the version being whatever version is in the 'testing' repository at the present time (I think that is 3.2.3)
However, Knoppix 3.3 is now quite old & probably everthing will need an upgrade. Also, there are some major setup changes between KDE 3.1.x & 3.2.x some of which are tricky to setup so it's probably a better idea to switch to Knoppix 3.4 or 3.6 where these setups are already done.