Does anyone know? Can you actually do that?
Printable View
Does anyone know? Can you actually do that?
What you mean?
Change the res. you run in?
Say from 1024x768 to 800x600
or the size of the desktop ?
For start you can try shift+crtl+alt and plus / minus on the far right.
Look in cheatcode section for booting cd using any resolution you wish.
If you want something graphical, there's an icon near the clock and speaker in the toolbar that you can mess with.
jd
change the res.
Section "ServerLayout"
Identifier "XFree86 Configured"
Screen 0 "Screen" 0 0
^^
XF86Config-4
I am also having resolution problems and have never edited these config files before and is this at "screen" where I would add the default screen resolutions? if not then could you supply a generic config file with all typical screen modes listed where they should be?
thank you very much.
/edit/ I boot from harddrive and am a new knoppix user. /end edit/